Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bern Swiss Temple trip with the Marseille Young Adults

 
Here are some pics from our Bern Swiss Temple trip.  Mom and I went out in our free time to scout out things to do for our Young Adults.  So we went to the Old Ville of Bern where we went with Aaron 12 years ago.  I will post some pics of our week on face book.  One of the cool things about our week in Bern was so many different languages spoken there.  Each morning we worked with the Young Adults doing Baptisms for the Dead.  We entered the temple and the guy checking our recommends only spoke Italian.  The man in charge of the Baptistery only spoke Italian.  Our group leader spoke French.  Everyone else spoke German.  So it is a little different than going to the Oakland Temple.  We had some extra girls join us from other country’s.  Two from Verona Italy, one from Barcelona Spain and two girls from Angers France.  The funny thing was the girls from Italy only spoke Italian and a little English, so I had to translate.  One girl had a request so I had to translate to our French group leader their request.  While doing the confirmation I was lucky to get only English and Spanish names so I had no problems.  My French companions were not so lucky.  They had all Hungarian names.  It was cool to see them struggle with the Hungarian names.  So I wasn’t alone.  I did a 150 names all in French.  Spending 5 days at the temple with the Ward of Marseille was awesome.  We all ate together and talked.  My French improved and our relationship was strengthened.  
Bern Suisse
Bern Suisse
Bern Suisse
Bern Suisse
Bern Suisse
Bern
Notice,  On the right hand there is a 800 year old clock tower.  On the left there is a McDonalds.
Bern Stake Center
View from Bern Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment